We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Prep 10min
cup Mountain High™ original plain yoghurt
Begin by gathering your ingredients.
Mix all the ingredients in a large blender.
Serve immediately with a sprinkle of cereal on top.
Nutrition InformationNo nutrition information available for this recipe
More About This Recipe
- I always like to start out the New Year with a bunch of healthy recipes. I use it as an opportunity to press the reset button, so to speak, and remind myself that eating healthy actually does make me feel better!The good news about eating healthy is that it doesn’t have to taste bad. Take this smoothie, for example. I like to call it my Super Fiber Smoothie because with just this one smoothie you’ll get almost all of your recommended fiber needs for the entire day!I actually calculated it to have around 92% of what you need for a day, which is pretty awesome for a smoothie. And guess what? It tastes pretty darned good thanks to some delicious fruit and a bit of sweetness from honey.I’m really not a health nut, but even I love the idea of getting all of my daily fiber in one smoothie! That’s pretty hard to beat.Give this a shot and kick off 2012 in good health!
7 Amazing Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Recipes
Anti-inflammatory smoothies can be one of the easiest ways to get more ingredients with natural properties that lower inflammation. Also by drinking healthy smoothies, you will fill your body with important vitamins and minerals that your body be deficient in.
More and more people are experiencing chronic symptoms related to inflammation not only because of natural aging but also due to the modern diet. (1)(2) One of the easiest ways to fight off the aches and pains is to improve your diet with green smoothies.
Spirulina Piña Colada Smoothie
Carlene Thomas/Eat This, Not That!
Beyond lending a bright bluish-green color to your tropical smoothie, spirulina algae is rich in protein and energizing B vitamins. That's this plant-based smoothie recipe blends it with frozen pineapple and banana for a tropical twang.
List of Healthy Superfoods:
- Kale – insanely low in calories, powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and helpful for arthritis and autoimmune diseases
- Spinach – the beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. It’s mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet
- Blueberries – one of the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit which helps to combat free radicals in your body
- Strawberries – just one serving provides more vitamin c than an orange while being low in natural sugars
- Greek Yogurt – double the protein and half the carbs as regular yogurt
- Cucumber – since it’s 95% water, it’s an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function
- Lemon – one of the most important items to stock in your kitchen as it’s a highly effective cleansing agent and cuts through the bitterness of greens
- Banana – an essential in smoothies as it adds creaminess, a touch of sweetness, and helps you feel full longer plus, it’s rich in potassium and fiber and gives you natural energy
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Ginger – aids in digestion and supports the immune system
- Chia + Flaxseeds – rich is Omega-3 and fiber benefits
After years and years of my mother-in-law telling me that the Vitamix is the greatest appliance ever made, I bit the bullet and bought one. I am so grateful because I use it every single day. Plus, it purees the spinach so much that you can’t taste it at all. It’s seriously amazing! You can buy one here .
If you are looking to add fruit and vegetable JUICE recipes to your diet as well, click HERE for my Healthy Juice Cleanse Recipes.
For extra detoxification benefits, a lemon turmeric flush first thing in the morning will do the trick. This isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s super simple.
Lemon Turmeric Flush Drink:
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Stevia or 1 Tablespoon Honey or Real Maple Syrup
- Serves 2
Mix together, water, lemon juice, turmeric, ginger, cayenne pepper (optional) and cinnamon. Add stevia, honey or maple syrup to taste. The cayenne pepper adds a kick to it so not everyone can handle it.
If you are looking for MORE JUICE CLEANSE RECIPES, CLICK HERE .
If I am suffering from anything – from allergies to autoimmune issues to overeating the night before, this helps to clean out my liver and belly. I woke up this morning with swollen eyes caused by allergies and this drink helped the swelling go down quickly. You can drink it heated up or drink it cold straight out of the refrigerator. We make a large pitcher and keep in the refrigerator to last a week. We give it a good stir and guzzle it down.
Protect Summer Skin with These Immunity Boosting Smoothie RecipesFreshly blended fruit smoothies of various colors and tastes in glass jars in rustic wooden tray. Yellow, red, green. Top view, selective focus
Skincare expert Olga Parno of Masktini shares her delicious immunity-boosting breakfast recipes that you can make from simple ingredients at home.
Olga’s refreshing breakfast smoothie is perfect for spring and summer since the high levels of Vitamin C found in the kale and mango enhance the effectiveness of sunscreen! The drink contains antioxidant-rich kale which helps slow cellular aging, plus lots of vitamin C to help protect skin from damage, ease inflammation, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and assist the body’s natural production of collagen.
The pineapple contains bromelain, which not only helps digestion but also fights inflammation, while flaxseeds contain a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids to give you glowing skin and speed up the body’s healing process.
Skin Magic Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup of mango chunks
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar – unfiltered
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup of water or almond milk – you can add more if needed for desired consistency
Add all the ingredients to your blender. Place kale closest to cutting blades. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour and serve.
Skin Refresher Watermelon Smoothie
Inspired by hot summer days & Masktini Woke Bae moisture spray this smoothie is super refreshing, light, and good for your skin! Watermelon is rich in vitamin A and C. Vitamin C helps your body make collagen (a protein that keeps your skin supple and your hair strong).
Vitamin A helps with the production and repair of skin cells (regenerating function). Strawberry has great anti-oxidant properties that help protect your skin from UV rays and delay the process of aging.
They are also anti-inflammatory and packed with alpha-hydroxylic acid that helps remove dead skin cells and works well for acne-prone skin.
Pineapple contains a powerful enzyme called bromelain which helps to exfoliate dead skin cells and reduce inflammation. Mint leaves work as mild astringent that helps to tone your skin they also help retain moisture in your skin by tightening the pores.
Let’s make it:
- 1 1/2 cups of watermelon cut into cubes
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of pineapple
- Fresh mint leaves
Throw all these ingredients in the blender and add coconut milk/or water. Squeeze a fresh lemon blend together, add some ice and blend more for smooth consistency pour in a fancy island/tropical inspired glass, top it off with a cute umbrella/or flower and a shiny sustainable straw – it’s a self care moment.